Responsible in the operation of Extrusion equipment for the safe and efficient production of plastic products. Work involves set-up, operation, and maintenance of the equipment and handling of the plastic material.
Example of Work Performed
- Starting-up equipment and making plastic bubble.
- Ensuring that the plastic being extruded is running at the specified order requirements.
- Taking rolls of plastic off the winders, weighing rolls, and placing the rolls on skids or storage racks by use of an overhead hoist.
- Maintaining the work area for OSHA, EPA and housekeeping compliance.
- Perform scheduled QA checks, on all orders, make adjustments as needed, document the saved samples, inform Supervisor or Lead of any changes made.
- Make sure plates match artwork, read correctly and are set up for correct bag size.
- Must follow the Clean Zone Requirement Policy.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Must be able to stand for 12 consecutive hours, except for three 15 minute breaks.
- Must be able to unload a roll of plastic from the winder using an overhead hoist, when running multiple lines. Average 45-48 times per shift
- Must be able to lift an air shaft, weighing up to 62 pounds to shoulder height (hoist is available for this).
- Must be able to transfer a roll of plastic onto a skid or rack using the hoist.
- Must be able to walk up a 30 foot tower area, consisting of stairs and a cat-walk.
- Must be able to read, understand order specifications and fill out production report
- Must be able to do addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must be able to figure partial rolls by weight.
- Must be able to read and understand gauge measurements and tape measure.
- Employee is subject to working temperatures exceeding the outside temperature by 20 degrees
- Subject to hazards due to proximity of moving mechanical parts.
- Subject to atmospheric conditions that may affect the respiratory system, such as, fumes and dust.
- Noisy environments.
Pay: $22.00 to $25.00
Experience and Training
- Training is on the job.